THE KARAITE ISRAEL MOSQUE OF ASCENSION
AND THE TEMPLE OF KEDAR MINISTRIES
(The Original Kedar-Rite of the Karaim)
The Jummah is also known as Preparation Day or the First Sabbath. It is a Midday gathering which takes place on Friday which was originally the 7th day of the week. The 7th day was not a day of complete rest but rather the day in which the Lord finalized His work and brought it to an end. Therefore on the Jummah work traditionally ceased between 12PM and 3PM and then resumed if necessary.
The word Jummah means gathering as it was during this time(12PM-3PM) that true believers would form a Noon Congregation or Jummat in honor of the 7th day and in preparation for the Holy 8th Day Saturday Sabbath. Saturday which was initially counted as the First day of the week was also referred to as the Eighth day in terms of creation. It was the day in which the Lord completely rested.
FRIDAY ORIGINALLY THE 7TH DAY OF THE WEEK:
On the early Roman calendar Sunday is counted as the 2nd day of the week which is illustrated by the Sun Rays. This further indicates that Friday was the 7th day of the Week.
( The early Roman Calendar exhibiting Sunday in its true role as the 2nd day of the week- About the History of the Calendar By- A.E. Evenson-Illustrated By-William Neebe -Childrens Press,Chicago page 11-)
The Jummah is a Standing Noon Prayer Service which is incorporated into the daily Midday Prayer of which the Quran declares as a Standing or Elevated prayer.
SURAH 2:238 - THE HOLY KORAN
Attend constantly to prayers and to the MIDDLE PRAYER and STAND UP truly obedient to Allah.
(Jesus was crucified on Friday and thus during the time of the Jummah service he was in a standing and elevated position and darkness covered the land for the entire 3 hour service.)
It was now about NOON, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon,
With this understanding the Standing Friday Noon Prayer of the Jummah actually serves as the greatest memorial of the Crucifixion of Jesus(Isa).
After the exile of the Israelite Nation the implementation of a Labor Free 8th day Saturday Sabbath was abolished and replaced by a memorial service which remembered the Sabbath but did not keep the Sabbath. However the Koran continued to sanction the Jummah in regards to the obligation of a Noon gathering or Jummat .Under the authority of the Rightly Guided Caliphs all work ceased at Noon on Friday. However with the downfall of the Ishmaelite Nation(Ahl Beyt) there is no commissioned authority to enforce and uphold the cease to work decree.
In this dispensation the Koran has transitioned from its original function in serving as the instrument from which to implement Shariah law to its present standing as a Guide to Guard Against Evil. In this regard if one is not able to acquire leave from work between Noon and 3PM they can attempt to simply read the 62nd Surah of the Holy Koran entitled Jummah along with reciting the 99 Names or Attributes of Allah.
In addition a traditional Jummah(gathering) meal is eaten in the evening. This provides another opportunity for a sacred gathering. The meal should be that of fish in accordance with the traditional Israelite Sabbath meals as stated in the Holy Koran.
And ask them about the town which stood by the sea; when they exceeded the limits of the Sabbath, when their fish came to them on the day of their Sabbath, appearing on the surface of the water, and on the day on which they did not keep the Sabbath they did not come to them; thus did We try them because they transgressed.
To gather for the Jummah in the company of fellow believers is counted as a blessing which invokes the presence of the Almighty Creator.
For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
THE 62ND SURAH OF THE HOLY KORAN - JUMMAH
1. Whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth declares the glory of Allah, the King, the Holy, the Mighty, the Wise.
2. He it is Who raised among the inhabitants of Mecca an Apostle from among themselves, who recites to them His communications and purifies them, and teaches them the Book and the Wisdom, although they were before certainly in clear error,
3. And others from among them who have not yet joined them; and He is the Mighty, the Wise.
4. That is Allah's grace; He grants it to whom He pleases, and Allah is the Lord of mighty grace.
5. The likeness of those who were charged with the Taurat, then they did not observe it, is as the likeness of the ass bearing books, evil is the likeness of the people who reject the communications of Allah; and Allah does not guide the unjust people.
6. Say: O you who are Jews, if you think that you are the favorites of Allah to the exclusion of other people, then invoke death If you are truthful.
7. And they will never invoke it because of what their hands have sent before; and Allah is Cognizant of the unjust.
8. Say: (As for) the death from which you flee, that will surely overtake you, then you shall be sent back to the Knower of the unseen and the seen, and He will inform you of that which you did.
9. O you who believe! when the call is made for prayer on Friday, then hasten to the remembrance of Allah and leave off trading; that is better for you, if you know.
10. But when the prayer is ended, then disperse abroad in the land and seek of Allah's grace, and remember Allah much, that you may be successful.
11. And when they see merchandise or sport they break up for It, and leave you standing. Say: What is with Allah is better than sport and (better) than merchandise, and Allah is the best of Sustainers.
Yusabbihu lillahi ma feeassamawati wama fee al-ardialmaliki alquddoosi alAAazeezi alhakeem
Huwa allathee baAAatha feeal-ommiyyeena rasoolan minhum yatloo AAalayhim ayatihiwayuzakkeehim wayuAAallimuhumu alkitaba walhikmatawa-in kanoo min qablu lafee dalalin mubeen
Waakhareena minhum lamma yalhaqoobihim wahuwa alAAazeezu alhakeem
Thalika fadlu Allahiyu/teehi man yashao wallahu thooalfadli alAAatheem
Mathalu allatheena hummiloo attawratathumma lam yahmilooha kamathali alhimariyahmilu asfaran bi/sa mathalu alqawmi allatheenakaththaboo bi-ayati Allahi wallahula yahdee alqawma aththalimeen
Qul ya ayyuha allatheenahadoo in zaAAamtum annakum awliyao lillahimin dooni annasi fatamannawoo almawta in kuntum sadiqeen
Wala yatamannawnahu abadan bimaqaddamat aydeehim wallahu AAaleemun biththalimeen
Qul inna almawta allathee tafirroonaminhu fa-innahu mulaqeekum thumma turaddoona ila AAalimialghaybi washshahadati fayunabbi-okum bimakuntum taAAmaloon
Ya ayyuha allatheena amanooitha noodiya lissalati min yawmialjumuAAati fasAAaw ila thikri Allahiwatharoo albayAAa thalikum khayrun lakum in kuntumtaAAlamoon
Fa-itha qudiyati assalatufantashiroo fee al-ardi wabtaghoo min fadliAllahi wathkuroo Allaha katheeranlaAAallakum tuflihoon
Wa-itha raaw tijaratan awlahwan infaddoo ilayha watarakooka qa-imanqul ma AAinda Allahi khayrun mina allahwi wamina attijaratiwallahu khayru arraziqeen