KARAITE ISRAELITE MOSQUE OF ASCENSION
AND THE TEMPLE OF KEDAR MINISTRIES
(The Original Kedar-Rite of the Karaim)
QARAY - KARAITES قريظة
THE 8 DIMENSIONS OF RELIGION
THE 8 DIMENSIONS OF RELIGION:
1. THEOLOGY - Each religion has its own unique theological understanding of God and the history that connects man to God. It revolves around beliefs and theories that are intricately and systematically developed. Theology is an attempt to understand and know exactly what God requires of man in order to find acceptance. Theology is a foundation or continuum of knowing God in the past, present and future.
2, SPIRITUALITY - This is an attempt to disconnect from the physical and mundane part of life. This pursuit can be enhanced through Fasting, Meditation, Purity of Diet and Reflection. Spirituality allows one to develop a higher set of values in seeking and prioritizing the realm of truth that is motivated by that which supersedes physical gratification.
3. FAITH - Faith is one's true belief in God which transcends all perceived physical limitations. Faith is believing in the unseen.
4. SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - This aspect of religion determines how one interacts with and treats other human beings. It is about upholding social and moral standards. It is also about representation and the image that one is required to uphold. This includes respecting others and oneself. Personal hygiene and cleanliness are also a part of social responsibility. Social Responsibility is understanding that we are by creation communal beings and part of a greater Eco system in which a chain is only as strong as its weakest link. Within this understanding we are required to care about community environment and the greater family of mankind. Charitable Giving is key component of Social Responsibility.
5.RITUALISM - These are the things that each specific religion requires on a time framed basis. This includes prayer modes, customs and holidays. Ritualism creates a common identification and form of discipline. This also includes religious dress and attire.
6. HIERARCHY- This is about the structure in which your religion functions or operates. This includes the recognition of elders, teachers and other forms of Clergy. This is about the Kingdom of God and may also include how one perceives the role and authority of prophets and even abstract being such as angels and even God himself.Tithing to a recognized priesthood and other responsibilities that connect one to the governing order is a means of recognizing Hierarchy.
7. DESTINY - This about Judgment and the Hereafter. It has to do with the purpose and meaning of Life. How one's religion views rewards and punishments.
8. RECONCILIATION. This about the flexibility of a religion that allows for adjustment to time, environment and circumstances without compromising moral standards, ethics and faith.